Frequently asked questions
What is the best time to take a DNA sample?
Collect the buccal cell sample at least 1 hour post eating, drinking or brushing your teeth. Before collecting the sample, rinse your mouth carefully with water.
How long does a DNA test procedure take?
Taking a sample for a DNA test is quick and easy. It can be done conveniently at home and takes about 5 minutes.
How long does it take to get my DNA test results back?
Where do you ship?
We offer worldwide shipping. Unfortunately, we currently provide free postage on the return envelope for customers from within Estonia only. Our address is already printed on the returning envelope. Please consult your local post office for correct postage required to return your sample to us in Estonia.
What is in my DNA test kit?
Your DNA test kit contains:
– instructions and questionnaire
– sterile swab in a plastic tube
– capsule to add in the plastic tube to maintain the stability of the sample
– personal code to register on our web page
– an envelope to send your sample and questionnaire back to us
How old do I have to be to order a genetic test?
You can order myInnerGo gene tests if you are at least 16 years old.
Are the genetic testing results reliable?
myInnerGo uses up-to-date genetic testing technology which is highly reliable. Interpretation of the gene test results is composed according to current scientific research, but we must highlight that scientific research is ongoing and there can be new information arising about the associations of the topics of interest and the genetic variants. Interpretations of the tests are based on studies that are mainly focused on people of European ancestry; therefore some analysis may not be applicable to individuals of non-European ancestry.
What happens to my DNA after the test?
Your DNA is securely destroyed in 2 months after analysing.
How to take a DNA sample?
Taking a DNA sample is quick, easy, and painless! Follow the instructions and and take a buccal swab sample.
1) Open the package and maintain the provided code sticker.
2) Remove the swab from the tube, taking care not to touch the white swab head with your fingers.
3) Insert the swab into your mouth and rub firmly against the inside of your cheek or underneath lower and upper lips. Use reasonable, firm, and solid pressure and rub for 60 seconds.
4) Place the swab back into the tube. Do not touch the swab head with your fingers!
5) Place your thumbnail in the small groove set in the handle, then snap the handle in two by bending to one side. Let the swab head fall into the tube.
6) Remove the capsule from the foil wrapper and place it in the tube. Do not forget to add the capsule, it is important for the quality of the sample! Seal the tube securely with the cap provided.
7) Label the tube with the code sticker you found in the package.
8) Send it back to us by post.
How can I see the results?
You will be notified by email when your results are ready. Log into your account and discover your inner code.